Thousands of Shia Muslims have been killed in the last twenty years in Pakistan—a conservatively estimated 10,000 souls that includes about 200 doctors as well as hundreds of other professionals. Our North American community is outraged by this intensifying tragedy, as well as the killing of countless Shia Muslims in Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Yemen over the last two decades. We urge you to stand up for the 10,000 souls lost in Pakistan and join us at the silent vigil outside the UN as well as the march to and protest at the Consulate of Pakistan in NYC.
Gathering/Bus arrivals: 11:00 AM
Friday Prayers 12:00 PM | United Nations Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
Silent Vigil 1:00—1:30 PM | United Nations Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
March to Consulate of Pakistan: 1:30—3:00 PM
Protest at the Consulate of Pakistan: 3:15—4:30 PM | 12 East 65th Street, New York, NY 10065
Not from NYC? Buses are being arranged from all over the US as well as Canada. For details, call 609-760-7946
What Can You Do?
- Come with friends & family
- Volunteer to help
- Donate for the cause
- Share this across your networks
- Follow us on Twitter @SoulsMarch & join us on Facebook (Souls March)
- Sign up for regular updates through our listserv
- Take Action: write to the Ambassador of Pakistan to the US, the Pakistani Mission at the United Nations, the UN Human Rights Commission–need a sample letter-email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more!